Prof. Norbert Rubey
Prof. Norbert Rubey (b. Vienna, 1955)
- Musicologist and expert for Strauss research at the Vienna City Library (retired from 1 December 2020) and the Vienna Institute for Strauss Research (still active).
- Project leader for two major thematic-bibliographical catalogues: the Strauss-Elementar-Verzeichnis (SEV) and the Strauss-Allianz-Verzeichnis (SAV).
- Editor-in-chief of the collected edition of the works of Johann Strauss II published by Doblinger in cooperation with the Vienna Institute for Strauss Research: Doblingers Johann-Strauss-Gesamtausgabe in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Wiener Institut für Strauss-Forschung.
- Publications and lectures on topics dealing with the Strauss dynasty, Viennese dance music and Viennese operetta in Austria and abroad.
- Exhibitions on music, especially the Strauss dynasty, in Austria and abroad.
- Awarded the German Music Edition Prize in 2006 for his critical edition (score and parts) of Franz Lehár’s operetta The Merry Widow.
- Awarded the title of Professor by the Federal President of the Republic of Austria in 2016.
- Honorary Member of the “Deutsche Johann Strauss Gesellschaft e. V.“ (the Johann Strauss Society of Germany) and the “Kulturverein ‚Wiener Blut“ (Vienna).